Wednesday 22 August 2007

Carbon Hood 9 - Fortunatly.


My RE-Amemiya Carbon Hood 9 arrived today also at Newera, so I went by to pick it up.
Just a little distraction in the driveway.... No it's no mirror. There are two Fortune FDs in this picture, each just as fat as the other!!!!!
Anyway, Back to the bonnet, The RE-A quality is not perfect. The carbon is quite thin and the way its moulded around the rear vents in the bonnet is not so good. There is a cut in the carbon in places that looks a bit ratty. It came with hood pins, but I am not going to fit them. Maybe I'll get some of those Aero catch things.
I was going to use an old hood from one of these Fortune cars and blend it to the standard hood, but the venting isn't so large and I need all the cooling I can get.

Russ.

No comments: