Tuesday 22 May 2007

New Bumper and Paint


My new RE-Amemiya Facer 9 bumper arrived today. Right on time like RE-Amemiya and Newera said it would. It's a work of art. Big gaping hole should be enough for cooling anything and everything.

Lights are IPF driving lights and there is a small light in the driving lights for park lighting. Carbon ends look cool and the finish is really good. Installation should be spot on, But as my car doesn't have the standard driving lights, I'll have to get the switch harness. It has had some kind of driving light set up previously cause there is a Raybrig hid kit in there but its not connected. See what happens there.

I didnt take any pictures because I forgot to take my camera. Doh. I have to go back soo though.

Anyway, Rather than cart it around town back to my place then cart it somewhere else later, I/We = Miguel and I decided to take the car directly to the paint shop and unload everything there. So basically, I am carless while the transformation takes place.

They are going to take their time and do everything right, and the list is long so it will be about 8 weeks. I didn't care about time.

Front Bumper - Prep / Paint
Feed Front Fenders - Trim / Paint / Install / Inners Modified
Door - Fill mirror holes / Remove stone guard / Fix small pin dent x 2 / Paint
Original Rear Fender - Cut and flare body up to inner level / Weld and water seal.
Feed Rear Fenders - Prep / Install (no blending) / Paint
Rear Hatch - Remove spoiler holes - Paint
Rear Bumper - Remove Badges / Paint
Body - Remove aerial / Prep / Paint
Roof - Prep / Paint
Rear Wing - Prep / Paint
And a few tiny bits and pieces to clean up.

I am going to replace the window seals so they can also be painted properly.
Lights and Bonnet will be replaced so these will stay Black for now.

Final colour has not been decided but I have a bit of time.

Next step will be to order the Auto Exe rear wing so it can be painted with the car.

No comments: