Wednesday 2 January 2008

RE-Xtreme II Replica Paint

Modelling in putty at 1/24 is a pain. The body has taken its' final shape. ( Well, as much as it's going to be.) Some small imperfections but the darkness of the paint hides a lot. It really looks the same as my real car. I have made a rear wing to match also, but I forgot to paint that... doh!

Mr Colour. added the green and its as dark as the real car. Finally coming together.
In between the Project II Build, I am also building a Project I Replica. RE-AD GT Wide body with C-West front end and sleepy eye headlights. The body of this one was fairly simple as it's just matching two fairly similar Aoshima kits. There was a huge gap between the bonnet and front bumper but that was taken care of. Wheels will be the hardest part of this car and the paint match will be a killer as there is nothing out there like RAYS SE37 W.
Ahh the dremmel will get a work out.
Russ.

No comments: