Sunday 29 April 2007

Parts Inspection

Advan RS 18x10 +25.

I selected a common size all round as recommended by Feed and Craft Company for inter-changability. These are the same rims used on the Touge Max Fujita Engineering car.

The diamond cut Advan logo inside the rim and cobalt blue lettering on the metallic silver spokes.

Rears require 25mm spacer for correct offset with the Feed Afflux kit. These Kicks Project spacers are all alluminium and are nicely finished.

To make sure all my wheels stay on the car, some new release Advan Racing light weight wheel nuts were selected.
The Fujita Engineering, Afflux, Feed Aero Technology, front and rear FRP wide fenders are complemented by the Fujita Engineering, Afflux Carbon Side Skirts.


Mmmmm Carbon.

Mechanical upgrades are mainly to correct a couple of nagging issues. Rather than just replacing the clutch itself, I selected a HKS LA (light Action) Clutch and flywheel set that will support up to 450hp.

Here is a review of the LA Clutch by Autostaff

I have no plans to upgrade power from the 350hp it currently has. Well, maybe a dump pipe and high flow cat will be the only future performance upgrades.

The current stock radiator cant cut it with the huge front mount intercooler blocking the air path. So a 55mm Koyo all aluminium radiator has been purchased for cooling duties. Recently considering a Odula or HKS Vmount which utilises standard mount position radiators like I have.

I have a full set of Defi Meter BF gauges, including boost, water temperature, oil temp and pressure currently being installed. I am also upgrading from a Defi Control Unit I to II but I broke some connecting pins which will need mending before oil pressure is working.

I am still waiting for the RE-Amemiya Facer 9 front bar to arrive But I started installing panels. Stay tuned as all these and more get added to the car.

Russ.

No comments: